FFC Ambulance Purchase !
July 2021: Miles of Smiles is preparing 25 new ambulances in Egypt to travel together soon as an international solidarity convoy to boost Gaza’s severely crippled health services devastated by Israel’s repeated bombardments and 14 year siege.
This $2 million humanitarian aid mission, the 39th convoy organized by Miles of Smiles, is supported by organizations from 15 countries, including the Freedom Flotilla Coalition and US Boats to Gaza. The first stage, comprising a fleet of large trucks packed with urgently needed medical supplies and equipment, is on its way to Gaza. The 25 ambulances are due to follow starting in late July.
The convoy organizers thank supporters around the world, including FFC and US Boats to Gaza who made the ambulance purchase possible.
The ‘Peace Train’ and the ‘Miles of Smiles’ solidarity convoy of 27 new, fully-equipped ambulances arrived in Gaza on November 8th, 2021. Here is a video compilation of the ambulances arriving at the Egyptian-Gaza border.
Following are some pictures of the ambulances as they arrived.
Help Send an Ambulance to Gaza!
20 modern, fully-equipped ambulances are now being prepared in Cairo for the 2021 ‘Miles of Smiles’ international convoy to Gaza. These ambulances will give a huge boost to Gaza’s struggling medical services seriously devastated by Israel’s heavy bombing raids last month.
US Boats to Gaza is raising funds towards sponsoring one of these ambulances, which costs $45,000 fully-fitted.
Please support our urgent appeal for this important practical solidarity mission, and share this post.
How to donate: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW
Gaza Needs Help After Merciless Killing
US Boats to Gaza Asks You to Donate to Organizations with Medical Programs in Gaza
(See list below)
- In the 2008-09 22-day attack on Gaza, Israel killed 1,417 Palestinians, while Palestinian efforts to defend themselves killed 9 Israelis.
- In seven days in November 2012, 174 Palestinians, including 33 children and 13 women, were killed by Israeli military attacks in Gaza. Six Israelis, including four civilians, were reportedly killed.
- In a 51-day attack in 2014, U.S-built F-16s dropped 5,000 U.S.-made bombs and missiles on Gaza, and Israeli tanks and artillery fired 49,500 shells (mostly massive 6-inch shells) from U.S.-built M-109 howitzers, killing 2,251 Palestinians. 72 Israelis were killed as they invaded and occupied Gaza.
- In 2018, in response to the largely peaceful “March of Return” Friday protests at the Israel-Gaza border, Israeli snipers killed 183 Palestinians and wounded over 6,100 including 122 that required amputation, 21 paralyzed by spinal cord injuries and 9 permanently blinded.
- Medical facilities in Gaza were damaged or destroyed in each of these attacks. Medical personnel were killed.
- Middle East Children’s Alliance
MECA’s staff and local partners in Gaza are on the ground are responding to the most urgent needs of children and families. They have been working since the first day of the attacks to provide urgent relief.
In Gaza, UNRWA is already responding to the humanitarian needs of affected populations (refugees and non-refugees), including the tens of thousands of people who have sought safety in UNRWA schools in Gaza, some of which are Designated Emergency Shelters equipped to host internally displaced persons during times of conflict.
Medical Aid for Palestinians is responding to the current emergency across occupied Palestine. Our teams in Gaza and the West Bank are working with local partners to ensure that Palestinians get the medical aid they need during this critical time.
Associate Professor Haidar Eid on December 27, 2020
Associate professor Haidar Eid in Gaza commemorates December 27, 2008 when Israel attacked the civilian population it is supposed to defend. During this massacre Israeli forces killed approximately 1400 Palestinians in contrast to 13 Israeli casualties. Dr. Eid reminds people of conscience across the world that we all have to defend human rights because our governments do not. Palestine is the perfect example of this relinquishment of responsibility—refugees have been prevented from returning for over seventy years and the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza continue after more than fifty years. He calls on all to support activism such as BDS and the Freedom Flotilla to bring freedom to Palestinians.
Recommended Covid-19 Actions For Gaza
With the Coronavirus pandemic, U.S. Boat to Gaza is recommending our friends help out the people of Gaza since they not only face the virus like the rest of us; they also face it under a blockade and occupation. Here are things you can do:
- Sign a petition asking the Israeli government to release all Palestinian child detainees amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Sign a Mpower Change and Jewish Voice For Peace petition to Congress to #EndTheGazaBlockade “so that those vulnerable in Gaza will have access to the basic medical resources they need to survive this global pandemic.”
- Donations: In addition to DCI-Palestine, MPower and JVP mentioned above, please consider the following organizations on the ground in Gaza:
- UNWRA (https://www.unrwa.org)
- Rebuilding Alliance (https://www.rebuildingalliance.org/) and
- Middle East Children’s Alliance (https://www.mecaforpeace.org/)
- IMET2000 Fundraising to Support Frontline Healthcare Professionals in Palestine: (https://www.imet2000.org/)
- Other great organizations with information about Palestinian actions relative to prisoners and Covid-19:
Be A Part Of The 2019-2021 Freedom Flotilla For Gaza !
The Freedom Flotilla For Gaza is planning events in the U.S. and Canada this summer. Our objectives are to raise awareness in our communities about the situation in Gaza and provide hope to people in Gaza. At the same time we are designing these events to be great for the whole family.
2021 events were in:
- Port Lavaca, TX: April 25
– See pictures of the
Port Lavaca, Texas Gaza Freedom Flotilla
2019 events were in:
- St. Louis, MO: June 16 @ 12pm – 7pm
– See pictures of the
St. Louis Palestine Heritage Festival
World’s Fair Pavilion
1904 Concourse Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63146
- Chicago, IL: July 18-20
– See pictures of the Chicago events!
More info on the Voices for Creative Nonviolence website
Download the flyer
- Madison, WI: July 24-25
– See pictures of the Madison event!
More info on the events July 24 and 25 at: The Madison-Rafah Sister City Project
More info also on the Facebook page
Download the flyer
- San Francisco, CA: August 3
– See pictures of the San Francisco event!
Participate on the Freedom Flotilla event starting at the ferry to Sausalito.
For details: Download the flyer
- Avalon, Catalina Island, CA: August 17: 9am (from Newport Beach) through the day
– See pictures of the Catalina Flyer event!
Join Free Gaza on the island or take the Catalina Flyer from Newport Beach. Demonstrate on the beach in Avalon.
For details: Download the flyer
- Spokane, WA: August 17: 3-5pm.
– See pictures of the Spokane event!
Veterans for Peace convention. Meet at the lobby of the Doubletree Inn. Walk with us from the hotel in A HUMAN BOAT (inside fabric designed to look like a boat) to the River walk where we will have a vigil for the victims of Israeli attacks on Gaza and the effects of the 10 year naval and land blockade of Gaza by the Government of Israel plus curtailing water and electricity to make Gaza uninhabitable by 2020 according to the United Nations. Since 2008, the Freedom Flotilla movement has sent 35 ships attempting to break Israel’s illegal, US-backed brutal military blockade of Gaza that has denied 2 million people –half of them children — access to food, clean water, fuel, medicine, employment and basic human dignity for 13 years. Join this flotilla action that educates our U.S. citizens about the crushing economic blockade as well as airstrikes, arrests, torture, and myriad human rights violations the Israeli government perpetrates on the people of Gaza.
- Mary’s River, MD: August 24
– See pictures of the Mary’s River, Maryland event!
- Quilcene Bay, WA: October 1
– See pictures of the Quilcene Bay, Washington event!
- Bellingham, WA: October 13
– See pictures of the Bellngham Washington event!
Join the Freedom Flotilla for Gaza 10:30am-1:30pm at
The Whatcom Peace & Justice Center
1220 Bay St, Bellingham, Washington 98225
- Lyme, CT: Nov 19-26– See pictures of the Tree of Life Connecticut event!
Join the Freedom Flotilla for Gaza at the Tree of Life Educational Trust in Lyme, Connecticut! Stay posted for more details as the time approaches.
- Hudson River
- Washington D.C.
If you would like to help with one of the events above or want to have an event in your town contact us so that can work together to make it a success!